Information about ESC vacancy 2023/2024 in
Lata – Centre of Leisure Time
Receiving and coordinating organization:
Luzanky – Centre of Leisure Time (SVC Luzanky)
Website in English: https://solidaritycorps.luzanky.cz/
Website of Luzanky: https://www.luzanky.cz/
Duration of activity: 12 months
Beginning of activity: 15/9/2023
End of activity: 13/09/2024
Contact person (ESC coordinator): Hana Klenovská
Phone Nr: +420 724 200 131
Please send us your CV, motivation letter and completed questions (see below), describe why you have chosen this placement particularly and what your expectations are. In the subject of the e-mail please write the name of the ESC placement you are applying for (Lata).
Please send us the documents till 31st of March 2023, at firstname.lastname@example.org
If you are chosen to the second round of selection, be ready for a Skype interview during April. The results will be known in the beginning of May 2023. Kindly note only the volunteers selected for the second round will be informed about the results. Thank you for understanding!
Description of the workplace
Lata is workplace of organisation Luzanky – centre of leisure time, the oldest and biggest leisure time centre in the Czech Republic. Lata itself as a workplace exists since 2005 and offers activities for families with little children, pre-school children and children up to age of 12 years. Based in district Žabovřesky, Lata is well accesible by public city transportation both from centre and from suburbian parts of the city.
Basic facts about Lata:
- we focus on future parents and parents with children up to age of 6 years, but we work also with kids up to 12 years in 56 diverse hobby clubs
- we organize also summer camps for kids, events for public (families with children) from local community
- we offer sport activities for older kids (sport activities for 3-5 years old and 5-7 years old)
- we offer art activities, ceramic courses and craft courses for pre-schoolers and school kids
- we run tourist clubs for pre-schoolers and school children, there are organized trips for kids also on weekends which volunteer is welcomed to join
- in “mini-kindergartens” called Maceška and Skládanka we offer one-time or regular babysitting with educational programme for children mostly of age 2-3 years
- we offer for example also horse club or “prenatal” courses for future parents, our work is really diverse☺
WE SEARCH FOR VOLUNTEER WHO:
– likes to work with children
– likes to create, make things by hands, draw/paint
– likes outdoor activities
– is looking forward to summer camps and events for public
– if possible can create poster, leaflet, likes to work with graphic programmes (software)
– we also very welcome volunteer´s own ideas how to enrich our work☺
The time schedule of the volunteer (35 hours weekly):
- 14 hours weekly assistance in the hobby clubs for school children (tourist club, ceramics, art club, crafts/DIY, electro-projects…)
- 6 hours in average weekly assistance with preparation and realization of events for public which take place also on Saturdays (on weekend), approximately once in a month
- 4 hours weekly work in mini-kindergarten with children 2-3 years old
- 1 hour weekly creation of the posters, leaflets for events, editing of photos
- 5 hours of preparation and meetings with tutor, the coordinator and the other volunteers
- 5 hours per week for the volunteer´s common/personal projects
QUESTIONS TO ANSWER:
- Why would you like to work with children? Do you already have any experience with such work?
- What you like to do in your free time? What are your hobbies?
- Can you work with any graphic programme/software? Do you have experience with any crafts, handicrafts, creative work? Send us some examples of your work please.
- What would you like to gain from your Solidarity corps volunteering project?
- What area are you good at and you would like to share your knowledge and experience with others?
General description of volunteering project in Luzanky:
There are 8 ESC volunteers working at different places on individual projects, meeting every week on common meetings with the coordinator and from time to time with all the colleagues to evaluate and plan the project. Luzanky hosts and coordinates ESC volunteers also in other organizations (focused on environmental education, preschool education etc.), so all hosted and coordinated volunteers will meet during the project and can visit workplaces and events of each other.
The volunteers are working 5 hours a week together with the coordinator on tasks connected with their integration into Luzanky and presentation of their presence in our organization. Those tasks will be mainly related to the promotion of Solidarity corps program. Common trainings organized by Luzanky outside Brno are possible.
Volunteers can visit some of the courses and events organized by Luzanky for free (circus training for adults, ceramics, yoga etc.).
The organization will host only volunteers older than 18 years old.
Days off and holidays: volunteers have 2 days a week free + 2 days per month of vacation. While working occasionally on weekends they have extra days off during the week.
Volunteers get their pocket money and food allowance monthly (at the beginning of each month), and they are provided with a card for Brno public transport.
Volunteers live in rented flats, two volunteers per one room. Distance to your working place from the flat can be around 30 minutes by public transport, even a bit more. Getting affordable accommodation in Brno is very difficult in recent years, so please be ready for described conditions of accommodation if you apply for our project.