Information about ESC vacancy 2023/2024 in Louka – Centre of Leisure Time
Receiving and coordinating organization:
Luzanky – Centre of Leisure Time (SVC Luzanky)
Website in English: https://solidaritycorps.luzanky.cz/
Website of Luzanky: https://www.luzanky.cz/
Duration of activity: 12 months
Beginning of activity: 15/9/2023
End of activity: 13/09/2024
Contact person (ESC coordinator): Hana Klenovská
Phone Nr: +420 724 200 131
Please send us your CV, motivation letter and completed questions (see below), describe why you have chosen this placement particularly and what your expectations are. In the subject of the e-mail please write the name of the ESC placement you are applying for (Louka).
Please send us the documents till 31st of March 2023, at email@example.com
If you are chosen to the second round of selection, be ready for a Skype interview during April. The results will be known in the beginning of May 2023. Kindly note only the volunteers selected for the second round will be informed about the results. Thank you for understanding!
Description of the workplace
What is Louka? Louka is a branch of Lužanky’s leisure centers that organize all sorts of free time activities for people living in or near the Vinohrady district in Brno. It is a place where children can spend their time after school by doing something purposeful. It has several departments with different focus where young people do sports, play various music instruments, make crafts, a place where mothers can train with their babies and where families meet.
What is Louka’s work focused on? Louka specializes in art, sport, dancing, languages, music, cooking and other activities. Louka’s aim is to provide the whole range of activities for all age groups from toddlers, preschoolers, school children to university students or retirees.
VOLUNTEER’S WORK IN LOUKA
What are you going to do in Louka? Louka is looking for an art skilled volunteer that would work mainly with children in drawing, painting, graphic and ceramic classes. We expect the volunteer to help us with various art workshops. It is okay if you have other interests like sport or cooking etc. You will also be involved in organizing various summer camps for children. Attending occasional art sessions outside of Luzanky will be a part of the volunteer´s work too.
As a Louka volunteer, your tasks will be to assist the art classes as a support teacher,also help with the preparation of the public events, help with-preschool kids in the kindergarten, and also participate in the camps during the year.
Why would we like you to work with us? Because we are searching for a versatile, playful and cheerful person to join us and enrich our team with new and fresh ideas from their country!
We prefer a volunteer who generally likes to work with children and has a positive attitude
The time schedule of the volunteer:
35 hours weekly
- Regular classes at art department – preparation of classes, assistance during the lesson, clean-up (3-15 years old children), approx. 10h per week
- Maceška (mini preschool) – support teacher at the kindergarden (2-4 years old), 8 hours per week
- Preparation of the events for public, families – preparation of the events like Carnival, Lantern Parade, Loukafest, Sport events, Christmas Workshop, Easter Workshop, helping with preparation, everything from cutting the papers, carrying the chairs, to role play for children:) . 5 h per week
- Consultation with the tutor – time you spend with your tutor discussing about your work, schedule, your needs, complains etc., 2 h per week
- Meetings with coordinator and other ESC-ers – time you spent with your ESC coordinator discussing about your work and planning the future events, projects etc., 5 h per week
- Mini project – time you spend on preparing your own mini project which can be anything you would like to do from organizing an art exhibition or to having a course of your language at our working place. 5 h per week
If you are interested in becoming a support teacher at our classes and joining a cheerful Louka crew, send us your CV, your motivational letter and answered questions!
QUESTIONS TO ANWSER:
- Why did you choose Louka for your volunteer work?
- What is your motivation to work with children? With what age group of children would you like to work the most?
- Are you interested in using art methods while working with children? If you have, please describe your experiences in this field.
- What would you like to gain from your Solidarity corps volunteering project?
- What area are you good at and would like to share your knowledge and experience with others
General description of volunteering project in Luzanky:
There are 8 ESC volunteers working at different places on individual projects, meeting every week on common meetings with the coordinator and from time to time with all the colleagues to evaluate and plan the project. Luzanky hosts and coordinates ESC volunteers also in other organizations (focused on environmental education, preschool education etc.), so all hosted and coordinated volunteers will meet during the project and can visit workplaces and events of each other.
The volunteers are working 5 hours a week together with the coordinator on tasks connected with their integration into Luzanky and presentation of their presence in our organization. Those tasks will be mainly related to the promotion of Solidarity corps program, and volunteers stay in Brno. Common trainings organized by Luzanky outside Brno are possible.
Volunteers can visit some of the courses and events organized by Luzanky for free (circus training for adults, ceramics, yoga etc.).
The organization will host only volunteers older than 18 years old.
Days off and holidays: volunteers have 2 days a week free + 2 days per month of vacation. While working occasionally on weekends they have extra days off during the week.
Volunteers get their pocket money and food allowance monthly (at the beginning of each month), and they are provided with a card for Brno public transport.
Volunteers live in rented flats, two volunteers per one room. Distance to your working place from the flat can be around 30 minutes by public transport, even a bit more. Getting affordable accommodation in Brno is very difficult in recent years, so please be ready for described conditions of accommodation if you apply for our project.